The Gardner Parks and Recreation Department strives to establish, preserve and manage public parks and facilities that offer a variety of leisure opportunities to benefit and enrich the quality of life for the people of the community. Select a park from the listing below to learn about the park/facilities and amenities each park offers for the enjoyment of you and your family.
If you would like to reserve a park or facility, click here to submit a facility request. Reservations can also be made in person at the Parks and Recreation Customer Service Center located in City Hall, 120 E. Main Street, Gardner, KS. Reservations must be made and paid for 72 hours in advance. NO reservation will be made or accepted until it is entered into the computer by the Parks and Recreation staff, you have signed the Waiver of Liability, and all applicable fees are paid in full. (Please note: No reservations will be made for park shelters after 12:00 p.m. on Fridays for the weekend following. Staff needs adequate time to prepare shelters and be given assignments.)
- Audio/Visual System
Click here to request this facility for a reservation.
The newly renovated Gardner Senior Center is located at 128 E. Park and serves many purposes for the Gardner Parks and Recreation Department and the community. It is used each weekday by the Johnson County Meals on Wheels program and is available to rent from 3:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m. on weekdays and 7:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m. on weekends. Building capacity is 89. It is also the location of many Gardner Parks and Recreation activities and programs and is available to rent by the public. It is the perfect place for a meeting, reception, birthday party, family reunion, shower, etc.
Amenities now include: a kitchen with sink, fridge/freezer, four warming drawers, counter space and island; LED TV, DVD, projector, Audio/Visual system, podium, Wi-Fi, tables, chairs and a comfortable seating area. There are twelve 6' tables, eight 48" round tables and 100 chairs. Reserve the Senior Center today for your next event!
Senior Center Fees
|Mon-Fri Only||Sat/Sun Only|
|Hourly Fee||Four Hour Blocks|
|7 am-11 am / Noon-4 pm / 5 pm-9 pm|
|Rental Fees||One or more blocks may be selected|
|Gardner Senior Residents**||$30.00||$60.00|
|After Hours||Add $15 per hour||Add $15 per hour|
|Projector/ A/V / Podium||Add $20 per day||Add $20 per day|
|Commercial Rates||Please call||Please call for info|
|Mon-Fri Rentals||Either an hourly rate or a block rate can be chosen for the rental. Block fees
can be used Mon-Fri and times are flexible between 2-9 pm (for 4 hr block.
|Sat/Sun Rentals||Rental time is restricted to block times only. Renters can add-on the after hours
from 9-11 p.m. at the hourly rate + an additional $15 per hour.
|*Gardner Residents||Residents must show proof of residency to receive resident discount and must be
the person renting the center to receive discount.
|Seniors must be 60 and older to receive Senior Discount and show proof of
residency. Senior must be the person renting the center to receive discount.
To reserve the building:
- Parks & Recreation staff must approve the use of the building as well as confirm that the date and time are available.
- The facility contract must be signed by renter.
- All fees must be paid in full which includes the rental fee and deposit fee.
- Reservations must be made 7 days in advance of rental date.
The deposit is *refundable and persons who rent the building must allow up to two weeks for processing for the refund of the deposit if fees are paid with cash or check. If fees are paid with debit or credit card, please allow up to 3 days for processing the deposit refund. Senior Building key must be received back at the Parks and Recreation Customer Service office in City Hall to receive the deposit refund. Key must be returned within one business day of rental.
*After a rental has concluded a facility inspection will take place at the Senior Building. Gardner Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to forfeit the deposit and rental fee if the facility is not left to its requirements, damage has occurred, or any of the rules and regulations were broken.
Reservation cancellations must be made at least 7 business days prior to the rental date or the rental fee and deposit will be forfeited.
Reservations may only be made up to one year in advance and must be approved by Parks and Recreation staff.
Senior Center Policies
A complete list of policies are located in the Senior Center contract and can be provided upon request. Please note that some policies have changed. The following list of rules must be followed while using the building:
- Alcohol is not permitted.
- Decorations must remain on tables and not attached to any walls or tables with tape, glue or tacks, etc.
- Use of candles (except dripless, contained or battery operated), fog machines, glitter and confetti in any form are not allowed.
- Tables and chairs must be moved back to original arrangement of how they were found upon the start of the rental time.
- The renter must clear all tables of debris, pick up all trash, remove decorations and dispose of all food and trash. Also trash receptacles must be emptied in the trash dumpsters behind the building. Kitchen must be left in the order in which it was found and warming drawers must be turned off at end of rental.
- Items may not be stored at the building overnight or prior to a rental date and time.
- Renters may start their rental no earlier and end no later than the time and date agreed to in the contract.
- The building key checked out to the renter must be returned to Gardner Parks and recreation within one business day of the rental date.