Mandatory Water Restrictions!
Post Date:07/17/2018 9:03 AM
The City Council will hold an emergency meeting today, July 19, at 6 p.m. to consider a resolution declaring a water warning for the City of Gardner, Kansas. More information will become available following the meeting.
Hillsdale Water Treatment Facility has operated at more than ninety (90%) percent capacity for more than five consecutive days and the City has reached Water Warning Stage as part of our Water Conservation Plan.
The following measurements will go in place effective TODAY, Tuesday, July 17.
• Outdoor water use will be limited using an odd-even address-based system. Residents at even-numbered addresses will be permitted to water on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. Residents at odd-numbered addresses will be permitted to water on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.
• Outdoor water use, including lawn watering and car washing, will be restricted to before 10:00 am and after 9:00 pm on the assigned days.
• Refilling of swimming pools will be allowed one day a week after sunset. Privately owned pools not filled prior to the declaration of a water warning may not be filled until after the water warning is lifted.
• Bulk water sales will be suspended.
• Waste of water will be prohibited.
Signs have bee placed at four locations indicating Water Restrictions are in effect.
Water conservation tips are available at www.gardnerkansas.gov/waterconservation.
Thank you for your attention to this important matter!