Mobile Mammography Service - Nov. 2
Post Date:10/24/2018 11:25 AM
In support of Breast Cancer Awareness, the city is bringing Mobile Mammography to Gardner on Nov. 2!
At the request of the City of Gardner, the Diagnostic Imaging Center, P.A. will be providing mammograms to the public through their mobile mammography vehicle in the City Hall parking lot from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 2. To schedule an appointment, call 913.344.9989. Walk-ins are also welcome. Remember to bring your insurance card! More information at www.dic-KC.com.
- When scheduling your mammogram, tell the scheduler that the appointment is on the mobile coach for Nov. 2.
- Women 35-39 years of age may be eligible for a screening baseline mammogram. They should check with their insurance provider prior to the screening for plan eligibility and coverage.
- Women 40 years or older do not need an order.
- Your most recent screening mammogram should be 12 months or more prior to the current mammogram for insurance coverage reasons.
- You will need your insurance card at your appointment. A credit/debit card (no cash or checks) can be used for uninsured patients, or if you elect to pay the $55 fee for a 3D screening (if your insurance doesn't cover 3D).