2020 City of Gardner Fireworks Discharge Dates & Safety Guidelines
Post Date:06/15/2020 8:00 AM
Many Gardner residents will choose to celebrate Independence Day with legal fireworks within our city limits. The sale or distribution of fireworks is permitted between June 28 and July 4. They can be discharged from July 3 through July 5 from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. To ensure the safe and responsible use of these fireworks, please remember the following details:
· You may not discharge fireworks on any public property within the city, including public streets and sidewalks. City code violations can result in a fine and the confiscation of the person's fireworks by any member of the police and fire departments.
· Fireworks should be used cautiously and only in the manner in which they were intended, and always under close adult supervision.
· Always keep water nearby to extinguish small residual flames that may create a fire hazard.
· Don't forget our citizens with PTSD or autism, and others with sensory challenges. Be considerate of them as you plan when and where to discharge fireworks.
· Remember our furry family members too. Pets can be fearful of fireworks and may try to run from them, escaping fences or pulling free from leashes. Keep them safe, secure and out of harm's way.
· Respect your neighbors and your city by cleaning up firework debris. It is your responsibility to clean up your mess to ensure that it does not spread to a neighboring public or private property.
· Obey all city and state laws governing the discharge of fireworks. Gardner PD officers will be prepared to issue citations to those that violate the fireworks ordinance.
Thank you in advance for discharging fireworks responsibly, and have a great Independence Day.