The Risk Management office provides leadership and tools to access and control risk in the workplace and comply with health and safety law.
- Safety Training
- Securing property and liability insurance (Member of Midwest Public Risk)
- Handling tort/damage claims filed against the city pursuant to K.S.A. 12, Article 1 and Chapter 75, Article 61
- Pursuing claims on behalf of the city
- Managing the Risk Management Fund
- Providing training, as appropriate, on matters relating to Risk Management
- Providing loss reports and other risk-related information to leadership
- Workers' Compensation (Member of Kansas Eastern Region Insurance Trust)
For more information or to request a tort claim form, contact Risk Coordinator Shannon Templeton.