Gardner Aquatic Center Commonly Asked Questions
1. Where can I purchase a Season Pass?
Season Passes must be purchased at Gardner City Hall, Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. *New in 2018, all
membership passes will include a key tag instead of photo ID. These key tags are “forever” passes, meaning they will not
be re-issued each year. Please keep your key tag from season to season to avoid having to pay a replacement fee
($1). All new pool members are required to take a photo. Existing members can use their previous photo and will
be asked to update as needed. Everyone with a pass must have a photo on file to gain entrance at the pool.
Photos can be taken at city hall or at the pool admissions.
2. What types of payment do you take at the Gardner Aquatic Center?
Check, cash and credit
3. Do I have to be a Gardner resident to purchase a pool membership?
No. We encourage anyone to purchase a membership, regardless of residency.
4. We purchased a pool pass and each family member was given a key tag. What if I lose or forget my tag?
Lost key tags can be re-issued at city hall for $1.00.
5. What if we do not want to bring all of the key tags to the pool each time we visit?
We encourage you to use the “Key Ring” app for entry with your smart device. Enter your ID number from your key
tag into the app. Our scanners are able to read the barcode directly from your device. If you have a family
membership, we will just need to scan ONE family member’s barcode.
6. Why is it that oversized metal ornamentations and jewelry are not allowed on the slide?
For safety reasons, no oversized metal ornamentation are allowed on the slide. This also includes jewelry. If metal
is worn, it could damage the surface of the slide, resulting in scratches with sharp edges that could injure a rider.
7. What is the height requirement for the slides?
The height requirement to ride the large slides is 48”. There are no height requirements for the smaller slides,
such as the Family Slide and the Splash Playground Slide.
8. Why is the pool open on weekends only after school starts?
After the USD231 schools are in session, the pool hours of operation change to weekends only from 12 p.m. to
5 p.m. This is because the majority of the staff who are employed at the Aquatic Center are under the age of 18
and in school.
9. Can people still bring in food at their pool parties?
Yes. Only if they have the shelter rented. Otherwise, no outside food is allowed in the facility with the exception of
10. At what age can a child be dropped off at the pool without the supervision of a 14+ year old?
10 years of age.