Gardner Aquatic Center Commonly Asked Questions
1. Where can I purchase a Season Pass?
Season Passes must be purchased at Gardner City Hall, Monday - Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
*New in 2017, all membership passes will now include a card with a photo. Everyone with a pass must have
their photo taken before their membership card can be printed and used at the Gardner Aquatic Center.
Photos will be taken at City Hall beginning February 1. Photos can also be taken at the pool after May 27.
2. What types of payment do you take at the Gardner Aquatic Center?
Check, cash and credit
3. Do I have to be a Gardner resident to purchase a pool membership?
No. We encourage anyone to purchase a membership, regardless of residency.
4. We purchased a pool pass and each family member has been given a membership ID card. What if I lose or forget my card?
Lost membership cards can be re-printed at City Hall for $5.
We ask that you make every effort to bring your ID cards each time you visit our facility, however, if someone forgets
their card, our pool staff can look them up in our system by name or membership ID number.
5. Why is it that oversized metal ornamentations and jewelry are not allowed on the slide?
For safety reasons, no oversized metal ornamentation are allowed on the slide. This also includes jewelry. If metal is
worn, it could damage the surface of the slide, resulting in scratches with sharp edges that could injure a rider.
6. What is the height requirement for the slides?
The height requirement to ride the large slides is 48". There are no height requirements for the smaller sides,
such as the Family Slide and the Splash Playground Slide.
7. Why is the pool open on weekends only after school starts?
After the USD231 schools are in session, the pool hours of operation change to weekends only from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
This is because the majority of the staff who are employed at the Aquatic Center are under the age of 18 and in
8. Can people still bring in food at their pool parties?
Yes. Only if they have the shelter rented. Otherwise, no outside food is allowed in the facility with the exception of water.
9. At what age can a child be dropped off at the pool without the supervision of a 14+ year old?
10 years of age.