Gardner Aquatic Center Commonly Asked Questions
1. Where can I purchase a Season Pass?
New season passes must be purchased at Gardner City Hall, Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
*Reminder, all membership pass renewals only can be done online. No new membership can be purchased
online. You must have an ActiveNet account, have your key tags or key tag numbers from the Key Ring app
available to renew. If you are having trouble accessing your ActiveNet account, contact GPRD for assistance.
Please do not set up a new online account if you already have one.
2. What types of payment do you take at the Gardner Aquatic Center?
Check, cash and credit
3. Do I have to be a Gardner resident to purchase a pool membership?
No. We encourage anyone to purchase a membership, regardless of residency.
4. We purchased a pool pass and each family member was given a key tag. What if I lose or forget my tag?
Lost key tags can be re-issued at city hall for $1.00.
5. What if we do not want to bring all of the key tags to the pool each time we visit?
We encourage you to use the “Key Ring” app for entry with your smart device. Enter your ID number from your key
tag into the app. Our scanners are able to read the barcode directly from your device. If you have a family
membership, we will just need to scan ONE family member’s barcode.
6. Why is it that oversized metal ornamentations and jewelry are not allowed on the slide?
For safety reasons, no oversized metal ornamentation are allowed on the slide. This also includes jewelry. If metal
is worn, it could damage the surface of the slide, resulting in scratches with sharp edges that could injure a rider.
7. What is the height requirement for the slides?
The height requirement to ride the large slides is 48”. There are no height requirements for the smaller slides,
such as the Family Slide and the Splash Playground Slide.
8. Why is the pool open on weekends only after school starts?
After the USD231 schools are in session, the pool hours of operation change to weekends only from 12 p.m. to
5 p.m. This is because the majority of the staff who are employed at the Aquatic Center are under the age of 18
and in school.
9. Can people still bring in food at their pool parties?
Guest may bring in outside food/drink and coolers only if they have rented a party shelter. If no rental has been
made, guests are allowed to only bring in water bottles.
10. At what age can a child be dropped off at the pool without the supervision of a 14+ year old?
10 years of age.