The Gardner Aquatic Center offers swimming lessons each summer that are taught by American Red Cross certified lifeguards. Opening Day registration is on Saturday, April 1, from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. at Gardner City Hall and online, however registration will remain open throughout the spring and summer. See below for details.
If you are planning to register online, you will need to create an account at ActiveNet, our online registration site. Be sure to activate your account in your e-mail once you have set it up. Click here to get started. See #3 below for instructions and tips on creating an account.
1. PICK YOUR SESSION
Four Sessions to Choose From:
Session 1: June 5 - June 15
Session 2: June 19 - June 29
Session 3: July 10 - July 20
Session 4: July 24 - August 3
Parent/Toddler- Fins VI: $50.00 Public Lessons are held Mon-Thurs for 2 weeks. Fridays will be used for make-up
classes in the event of inclement weather.
Private Lessons (Age 5 and Older): $90 (for four one-hour sessions) See below for more information on
when private lessons can be scheduled.
2. PICK YOUR CLASS
Click here for class descriptions.
Printable Registration Form (pdf)
3. REGISTER YOUR CHILD. (2 WAYS TO REGISTER)
A. Online at https://apm.activecommunities.com/gardnerparksrecreation/Home
AVOID LONG LINES AT CITY HALL!
Online registration will begin at 8:00 AM on Saturday, April 1. Register one or more child in the convenience of your own home!
New Online Registration Info Here.
1. Once at ActiveNet, the online registration site, there are two ways to search for the activity you want:
a. At the top of the screen, there is a drop down menu, where you can choose a category. Ex. Fins I
b. In the search box, you can type in key words of an activity or event and search for it.
2. To find out how many spots are left in a class, look at the "Open" column. This tells you how many openings there are in an activity.
3. Click on the desired activity.
4. Click "Add to Cart"
5. If you do not already have a login, you will be prompted to set up an account. To set up an account, you will enter an e-mail address and a password.
If you have already signed up for an activity at Gardner City Hall after 10/1/2013, your login will be your e-mail that was given at the time of enrollment.
6. Once you have set up your account you will then proceed through the checkout.
7. The last step will be to secure your payment. No handling fees will be charged!
B. Walk In at City Hall, 120 E. Main St.
Open from 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, April 1.
Printable Registration Form (pdf)
- Registration is done on a first come, first served basis.
- If registering online, please make sure to confirm your account through ActiveNet prior to registration day.
- Parents are allowed to register their children only. Waivers must be signed by a legal guardian.
- One class per child. Additional classes may be available at the conclusion of the first session.
- Some classes may need to be combined due to the number of students.
- Parents are not allowed to participate in class unless they are in the Parent/Toddler class.
Private Swimming Lessons
Gardner Parks and Recreation wants to give you the opportunity for private swimming lessons. This is your chance to receive that extra special one-on-one instruction. Our Certified Instructors will help improve important swimming skills at all levels. Private lessons will be offered for ages 5 and older. Children and adults are encouraged to sign up for this program.
Private Lessons will be scheduled during Session I. There will be limited times available (see below). These will be on a first come first serve basis. Each student’s schedule will be arranged with the Swim Lesson Coordinator. Expect to receive a call from your instructor.
|Dates||June 5 thru June 15|
|Day/Time||Monday - Sunday Mornings- 8:00 a.m. - Noon|
|Time||Monday - Friday Evenings: 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
|Location||Gardner Aquatic Center|
|Age||5 and older|
|Fee||$90.00 (four 1-hour sessions)|
|Register Online (Beginning April 1)||Register Online|
|Registration Form||Printable Registration Form (pdf)|
|Maximum # of Participants||30|
The Gardner Aquatic Center is dedicated to providing ADA-accessible amenities. It is our goal to make reasonable accommodations for disabled persons, as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act. The facility includes ADA-compliant pool access lifts. Please contact the Gardner Parks and Recreation at 913.856.0936 to learn more about other Gardner Aquatic Center ADA accommodations.