Reporting a Crime

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

How to make a report to the Gardner Police Department

If you are a witness to, or are involved in an emergency situation that is occurring at the time, DIAL 911 immediately. If the incident is not an emergency, call 913.856.7312. 

If an officer is needed to respond to a location, the call is transferred to the Johnson County Sheriffs Department Dispatch Center. They will take the information and dispatch an officer to your location to assist you. After 5:00 p.m. and during the weekend hours or holidays, calls for service are transferred automatically to the Johnson County Sheriff's Department Dispatch Center.

Reports will generally NOT be taken over the telephone but can be made in person at the Gardner Police Department or at any location within the City limits of Gardner. The Police Department is open to the public from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you respond to the Police Department building and find it locked, call 911 or 913.856.7312 and the dispatcher will have an officer return to the building to assist you. Please remember, the Gardner Police Department staff is ready to assist you at all times.