Building and Inspections Services
The Building and Inspection Division is responsible for reviewing construction plans, issuing building permits, conducting field inspections, monitoring contractor licensing, investigating land use complaints, and assisting the public with general home renovation questions. The overall goal of the Building and Inspection Division is to ensure all structures are built correctly ultimately protecting the safety, health and well fair of Gardner citizens and the general public.
Important Information and Documents
- New building permit email contact!! Submit all permits to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fees Res. 1956 (Effective January 1, 2017)
- Building Permit Information
- Sign Permit Information
- Massage Therapist Licenses
- Burn Permits (Fire District #1 of Johnson County)
- Fire Code Inspections (Fire District #1 Johnson County)
- Development Reports
Adopted Building Codes
The Codes Administration Division serves the public through the enforcement of the adopted building codes, and requires building permits for construction or alteration of all residential, commercial, and industrial buildings.
The following codes to conduct plan reviews and building inspections were adopted March 18, 2013 and effective April 1, 2013, by Ordinance No. 2423. Codes are not available online but are available to view at the Business & Economic Development Department in City Hall (120 E. Main St.).
- 2012 International Residential Code
- 2012 International Mechanical Code
- 2012 International Plumbing Code
- 2012 International Building Code
- 2012 International Fire Code
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2011 National Electrical Code