Human Resources is a service-oriented division that provides leadership in promoting, implementing, and administering sound human resource and risk management policies, procedures, and programs. These programs assist in recruiting, developing, motivating, and retaining a highly-talented, committed, and diverse workforce.
The Human Resources Division strives to:
- Promote a culture that respects and values all employees.
- Communicate honestly and clearly with the city and its employees.
- Maximize resources by utilizing technology to its fullest extent to improve efficiency, effectiveness, transaction processing, and overall service.
- Offer competitive, market-based compensation and a comprehensive benefits package to our employees.
- Recognize and reward performance and accomplishments.
- Promote a safety culture that is visible throughout the organization.
- Promote a learning environment with professional development, training, mentoring, and continuing education.
- Strive to provide opportunities for all employees to contribute ideas, develop their potential and make the best use of their talents and abilities.